The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
RR67gto

Question New Member & Parts Wanted

Greetings everyone, my name is Mike. I'm in Oregon and I'm working on a 62/65 C10 Project. I bought Ol' Rancid about five years ago with a rebuilt factory V8 and already converted to a TH 350. The first thing I did was to install a front and rear EC drop kit along with a 71 C10 rear end. And a new GMPP engine with some nice upgrads such as DUI HEI, and better cam, intake, carb and headers. Flowmaster's make it sound like a monster. But, Rancid was ugly to those who did not love him as I did and the time came to have a make over done. So, I tore the truck to the farme and learned that to 62 cab was to far gone to try saving. I fell into a nice 65 big back window parts truck and removed the cab and replaced all the minor rust areas. So, I'm ready to install the custom hidded tank I had made by EC. The frame is ready for primer and paint and then I'll get working on putting it all together again. But, I need a few small items I don't have. One of them being a decent antenna set up for it. I also would like to know if anyone could tell me where to but the poly rubber products for the 62 frame. I already found a set of NOS ball joiunts for the truch and anyone who is into the pre 63 trucks know what a pain they are to get. I have PS, and the conversion brackets now. So, what I need more than anything are some ideas where to but the better bushings and rubber bumbers for thefront/rear suspension, and frame. Also trailing arm bushings. Anyway, I've been a member of Chevy Talk for a few years, and decided to join here. I'm retired other than work full time as a hudband and Dad for the second time around. So, I have some time to devote to my truck. I'm also a huge Pontiac fan and at the time I own two 68 Firebirds a 67 GTO and 66 Lemans. So, I have more than just this truck taking my time and money. It's nice to have a chance to say hello to everyone. I wish you all a wonderful day and thank you for any ideas you may have. Ideas, are something I never have much problem getting from people in this hobby. What a great thing, having all the information just a click away !! Good day friends.

Mike in Oregon
rr67gto@aol.com
RR67gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
PJ_STYLES
Rockers1/2"off the ground

Welcome to the site! Any pics of your project? It sounds like a good project.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
Blue Beard

Welcome from SW Washington State....

What part of Oregon do you hail from...?
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote