The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 02:03 AM   #1
Brochacho

My 66 Covid Build

Hi all, I have to start by saying that this build is not my first, but it turned into a last in my life. I started this build because of an exhausted marriage that hit a zenith during the Covid Period. I am only beginning in what many (I think) will enjoy in at least a good read. I will have plenty of pictures as well for those of you visual folks!

it was spring 2020, my marriage of 21 years was being tested. I was with this woman since I was 22. But Covid really changed her, and maybe me too. I needed something more in my life, and one day driving through Sacramento, CA, I found my 1966 C10 Fleet side Long bed. Love at first site. Uh oh, the wifey had some competition.

As expected, she hardly flinched when I brought that ole truck home. She made a few remarks, "that old truck is an eye sore", and added, "I don't want nothing to do with that piece of $h1t". I thought, "Yes!, finally something she doesn't want to have any input on".

The truck was still in it's original state for the most part, Cameo White, .283, Powerglide automatic, and numbers all matching. Just the front brakes were replaced to disc, and power steering was added. How lucky!

But it gets better, the Gal that sold it to me provided me with all of her boyfriends paperwork. He had rebuilt the motor, the transmission, plus many more things. It sat in her garage for 7 years. She finally pulled it out and put a For Sale sign on it one day, the day I drove by.

I hate to admit this but, his name was still on the title, and my curiosity got the best of me. I searched him on Facebook, and to my surprise, he was documenting his build, beginning from the inside out. He put nearly 16K into the frame and under the hood at a quality shop in Sacramento. I scrolled thought his Facebook Page watching his happiness and love for this truck grow.

When she sold me the truck, I asked her why he stopped the build. She responded by saying he developed cancer and was gone quickly thereafter. This changed everything for me, I had to finish the build. I didn't know him, so I don't know what he had in mind, but I do know that he believed in the truck to invest in it. In my mind, it didn't matter what dress or shoes I put on her, she was worth it: to him and to me.

TO BE CONTINUED
Brochacho is offline   Reply With Quote