The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
87r10owner

Newbie (finally!) with an R10

(moderators can you move this to projects/builds please)Well I finally did it and became a member and not just a forum stalker. Heres my story.........
I own a 87 R10 that my dad bought new. I grew up in ths truck and watched my dad love and enjoy it until he bought a new silverado in 97. the truck sat around and was driven on weekends and here and there. I purchased it from my dad in 02 (my stepmom would not let him give it to me) it was the vehicle i learned to drive in and took my drivers test in, it was also the first vehicle I purchesed. It was my DD until 07 when the pinion bearing went out, from there it was garaged and kinda put on the back burner due to life,other projects and being so undecided on what i wanted to do to it. I wanted to keep it as close to original as possible or what ever i took off/swaped i could easily put back if i wanted. What ever i did i wanted to do it once even though cost of envestment didnt really figure in because I never want to tell that story of I once had.............so I will never get rid of it. I love squares they are my 69 z28. I have kept it in my garage and life has flown bye so now as of lately (over the last 8 months) I have decided what direction I wanted to take it and started working on it!
Attached Images

Last edited by 87r10owner; 03-11-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: to be moved
87r10owner is offline   Reply With Quote