The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
Dan Wales

Vintage Air For 71

About to start the rebuild. This was originally a A.C. truck. For those that have installed Vintage Air, does the kit have everything you need ??

The fire wall is clean on my truck. I have the controls and vents inside.

I do have another question, I did install electric windows on a 67 I had. Boy they were a major pain in the butt to install. This was about 20 years ago. I'm just curious about the window install and if the kits have improved quite a bite. For sure unless I knew what brand they were we may be just comparing apples and oranges.

I did get mine working pretty darn good but what a pain had they nost cost a small fortune back then i'd have thrown them in the dumpster.

Dan
Dan Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #2
Xeen

Re: Vintage Air For 71

Yeah just buy their Gen IV surefit kit for factory ac trucks and you got it made.
As far as the electric windows go I would hope they are improved after 20 years considering there are several different companies making the direct fit kits.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #3
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Yes the sure fit comes with everything you need.. If you need any help getting into a unit let me know I'm a dealer for vintage air and we have great service and prices..
Posted via Mobile Device

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Dan Wales

Thanks folks the Vintage Air is going to be bought right quick. I have just a bit more sorting out and inspecting left. You're always going to hit some kinda snag I just don't want it to be a BIG'un.

I'd sure like to find a set of Vortec heads before I get real serious on this thing. That way I don't have do something twice.

Appreciate the replies and for sure it's nice to know the Vintage kit comes with the whole ball of wax so to speak.

Dan
Dan Wales is offline   Reply With Quote