The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Missing Pieces

When driving around with the top off, the #1 question I get asked is "Did you chop it yourself?"

I know it doesn't help that it's still primered, but paint will come later. There's some things that I'm hoping will help, but I have no idea what I'm missing, and wondering if you anyone can point me where to go...

1. Visor brackets.
-I bought some along with visors, but it seams as though they don't work. The ones I bought were for a truck, but since I didn't see a blazer specific set listed, I figured they were the same. Am I wrong?

2. Metal to cover holes on top of windshield...
-On each end of the windshield frame (inside), there are big holes that don't look very cleanly cut. I've been looking for the piece that covers this, and I think it might be the weather stripping...am I right?

3. Window end cap
-Next to the door lock, you can see where the frame of the door was cut off...is there anything that covers this?

Thanks all!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Bentblazer

Re: Missing Pieces

1 Blazer visors are specific for blazers, they also have a hole for a bolt that screws into the top.
2 The weatherstrip for the front of the door will extend up and over that hole (the one with three bolt holes, two threaded and one for insert or j-nut)if this is the one you are questioning.
3 The weatherstriping I used had that piece included with the kit.
1930 Chevy two door rat
Bentblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
YBNORML

I've lost count of how many people have accused me of wrecking a shortbox. And mine is complete!
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

As for people asking if you cut the top off, you'll get the question even after the paint is done. Not many people know that Chevy made a convertible SUV and quite a few will think you cut the top off a pickup and stuck a seat back there.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentblazer View Post
1 Blazer visors are specific for blazers, they also have a hole for a bolt that screws into the top.
2 The weatherstrip for the front of the door will extend up and over that hole (the one with three bolt holes, two threaded and one for insert or j-nut)if this is the one you are questioning.
3 The weatherstriping I used had that piece included with the kit.
Thanks for the quick response! On the visors, are the visors themselves also specific or can I still use those?
Looks like I'll have the holes and window frame showing for a while...didn't want to do the weather stripping until it gets painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
I've lost count of how many people have accused me of wrecking a shortbox. And mine is complete!
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck View Post

As for people asking if you cut the top off, you'll get the question even after the paint is done. Not many people know that Chevy made a convertible SUV and quite a few will think you cut the top off a pickup and stuck a seat back there.
Gosh...too bad. At least when I tell these people that it's factory they like it...the problem is they always look a the holes on the windshield frame and it seems like they are hesitant on believing me...ha!