The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
shipofools

Hearken All, This is my first post...and I am seeking the gurus and the annointed. I chose this column for a first hit because of the activity. I have the most beautiful 1968 c-10 shortbed- stepside ever beheld
on the planet. I purchased it, runnnig, for 500 texas dollars. It is a former us air force truck...( little usaf brass tag on the dash, deep blue paint under the bad white enamel)...it also was one of the campus service trucks at the school where i studied. it is definantly chick reppellent in Dallas, which prevents me from meeting golddiggers and creditgals. ( praise God !).
so...i am not a wrench, but have access to some twisted talent at a trucking company i used to work for. I wanna build a nuke proof truck that will pull 1100lbs ( +/- 100) and carry eight hundred in tools and materials. I need
it to be able to go 70 on the freeway without screaming at me and get decent mileage in the city and on the freeway.
C-10, 250 six (yes!), three on the tree ( would not mind changing that for freeway)..Body is pretty good,,nothing a dent puller and filler won't heal.
right now i plead the blood of Jesus and praise God for His Holy Spirit Mechanics for keeping her little clutch a' clutching. She has probably two
moon trips on her. She needs some love. So...direct me to your annointed.
My internet access is currently limited so i will get back when i can.
Did i mention it is a service truck with an old school lumber rack and old school tool boxes that are gonna stay with her. ( these are her dainties,,you know, to distract leering eyes from her lovely hips ). She is hot and prudent
in public.

Last edited by shipofools; 03-05-2011 at 05:18 PM.
shipofools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
augie
Waiting for Paul to Open Safe

Re: New member

Thanks for posting, but these types of posts are generally made in the Welcome section, where this post was moved to. It's generally considered impolite to hijack another person's thread. Good luck with the truck and we can't wait to see some pics!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Welcome to the board!
Please post up some pics of your truck.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Indian113

This Honey I gotta See!! Welcome to the site. You sound as addicted as the rest of us
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
shipofools

Thanks Augie for the polite hand slap. I just purchased a new digicamera..and have yet to figure out: a) how to reduce the image size (pixels). b) i am not thread savvy,,but i will get there.
so, i think my clutch either needs more adjustment or to be replaced...right now i can afford to turn the nut, but not make the new purchase. It was slipping very badly recently,
to the point that it sometimes would not engage at all. This is gonna sound really wierd,
but after a fast, i annointed the truck with olive oil and prayed over it, bound and looosed and declared that what the enemy was doing was illegal, pled the blood of J and
waited a few days. You know the blessed thing drove pretty good for a few days after that ! Then THE ENEMY returned to my clutch....so i have been adjusting the little
rod and now i only have about 3/4" of play in the pedal. It engages ok, not ggreat and seems to slip some in 1st and in 2nd. So..whose gotta clue ? new clutch needed ? and what is the least expensive way to do that. Pull it out and get some sort of rebuild-refacing thing done ? ( let me reiterate, i ma not a wrench yet...but economics are going to entail expanding my borders into that.)
so whose the clutch guru among you guys ?
shipofools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
1ATony

welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote