The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Tito1rocks

78 GMC Sierra Grande

So, i have this truck, everything runs perfectly, but there's a ton of rust everywhere on the cab, It's very discouraging. Especially for me since i'm only 17 and i live in the ass-end of Texas where i can't even find a job. So maybe someone can give me tips,
Attached Images

Last edited by Liz; 09-15-2015 at 10:16 PM. Reason: classified ads may only be posted in the classified sections
Tito1rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
NASTY-LSX

Re: 78 GMC Sierra Grande

if you post pics of the issues it would be easier to help you make a decision.
You need to be a supporting member to sell on here. Your post will be deleted if you dont take the (interested in selling) part out!! Welcome.
NASTY-LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
Tito1rocks

I'm new to the forums, how do i edit?
Old 09-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
jjmorrse

From your control panel, go to your subscribed threads and when you pull up your posting, it should have "edit" at the right lower corner.

Please do not be offended, but as a 40 year old guy who has had a few jobs I have some advice. Please feel free to disregard it if you want.

Never say you cannot find a job. Always say you haven't found the right job yet. While it is true that arrogance is off-putting, a fatalistic outlook tends to make itself true.

When you go in to interview, as someone starting out (which I am assuming because of your age) people who are hiring young people are looking for potential more than a well rounded resume, so show them by your behavior that you can: take criticism without getting emotional, use that criticism to improve your performance, listen quietly when spoken to, but also make sure to ask any questions you might have. It is good to restate what they said in your own words to make sure you understand. Always be safe and ethical, whether or not your supervisors care if you are. Be willing to do any job anyone else you work with has to do. Be on time. If you do these things, the likelihood that you will find yourself valued by your co-workers is greatly increased. This also applies to professors if you decide to go to college or trade school. If your temperament won't allow you to do these things, you might want to consider being an entrepreneur or an artist. As I said, please feel free to disregard if you want.

Best of luck on your job search. If you like the outdoors, Texas Parks and Wildlife sometimes has openings and internships. I think they have some offices nearby. http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tpwd/default.cfm

86 C30 crewcab big dooley. 454- 400

Last edited by jjmorrse; 09-15-2015 at 10:38 AM.
jjmorrse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
1774btcrew

Thumbs up Re: 78 GMC Sierra Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmorrse View Post
From your control panel, go to your subscribed threads and when you pull up your posting, it should have "edit" at the right lower corner.

Please do not be offended, but as a 40 year old guy who has had a few jobs I have some advice. Please feel free to disregard it if you want.

Never say you cannot find a job. Always say you haven't found the right job yet. While it is true that arrogance is off-putting, a fatalistic outlook tends to make itself true.

When you go in to interview, as someone starting out (which I am assuming because of your age) people who are hiring young people are looking for potential more than a well rounded resume, so show them by your behavior that you can: take criticism without getting emotional, use that criticism to improve your performance, listen quietly when spoken to, but also make sure to ask any questions you might have. It is good to restate what they said in your own words to make sure you understand. Always be safe and ethical, whether or not your supervisors care if you are. Be willing to do any job anyone else you work with has to do. Be on time. If you do these things, the likelihood that you will find yourself valued by your co-workers is greatly increased. This also applies to professors if you decide to go to college or trade school. If your temperament won't allow you to do these things, you might want to consider being an entrepreneur or an artist. As I said, please feel free to disregard if you want.

Best of luck on your job search. If you like the outdoors, Texas Parks and Wildlife sometimes has openings and internships. I think they have some offices nearby. http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tpwd/default.cfm
Very good advice! I am going to forward your response to my 19 year old daughter!

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Tito1rocks

Thumbs up Re: 78 GMC Sierra Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmorrse View Post

Haha, i dont have a bad temper at all, i really appreciate the advice, But literally, no one has the decency down here to atleast call back or schedule anything. I'm just gonna study for welding and move out of here, it's always been like this even for my family. And sorry to bother you, but i couldnt find the edit button, i think i'll just let a moderator take my post down. Sorry for the inconvenience anyone. and thanks for the link, i'll definitely check it out
Old 09-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
Shugalou

JJ the effort you put into that post is appreciated... am I am a design entrepreneur while also falling in line in the corporate world.

One extra piece...if you're still listening

After you deal with enough bull**** from a corporation/employer use your talents to start your own thing cuz everyone is just gonna work you for a profit. So develop a work ethic and hone your craft with a bigger goal in sight.

Newspaper Article Publishing the quest find my dad's old truck
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle12494281/
Shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote