The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #1
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Have you guys heard the Huntington Bank radio adds?

Lately all I have been hearing is this stupid add for "Getting your paycheck up to two days early" if you have it on a direct deposit account.
They make it sound like some fantastic thing that will change your life?!
What? You realize that this only works once, right?
If it used to hit your account on Friday and now it happens on Wednesday, it's still the same amount of days between deposits after that first time.

I used to get into this with a guy at work years ago, who always complained about getting paid every other week instead of weekly. It's twice as much, half as often, same amount of money either way. Just plan a bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Have you guys heard the Huntington Bank radio adds?

I am bad with money, but some people are horrific.

They can not control themselves at all. Or they like routine so much they make up routines to make themselves feel better.

Like getting paid every week or every other. Which ever they prefer, and on which days.

I am down with what ever. I just don't carry cash. As in my teenage mind it is appartently free money ��

Forgot to mention goverment or big business scams is another one they always latch onto. No matter which political ideology they have
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:23 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Huntington Bank doesn't advertise around here that I know of. But funny you mentioned this, because just yesterday I saw the exact same offer/ad, I think, from Capital One. In my mind, this only makes sense for the bank. Like you said, first check sets the offset then it's all the same after that. Maybe the bank is hoping this will help people get ahead of their finances so they can gain a little more interest. Get you charging things the last two days of all those other paychecks and maybe falling back to carry debt. Banks don't do anything but make money with your money, so they are always coming up with new ways

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:44 AM   #4
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

There are similar TV commercials. I think it may have more to do with attracting new customers -- throw a little hook out and see if it grabs someone's attention.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #5
KW5413

The main purpose of direct deposit is to knock down the paper check processing costs. From beginning to end. All the way down to the bank teller when you deposit your check. Cuts down on human labor needs / costs. Not to mention human error.

It really has very little to do with posting your deposit 2 days earlier...one time. Though, that is the benefit button bank marketing pushes.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #6
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Oh, I have no issue with direct-deposit, been doing it for years. They just throw this out there, like they are doing you some huge favor. Then mention the DD part at the end, almost like a disclaimer, or that "their" style of DD is faster than anyone else's?
It just seems like another hook, for people who don't know any better or can't see the next step? Seems creepy to me? Like what would they say if you called them out on it? Explain how/why this is so great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:16 AM   #7
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I haven't heard the ad's. I live in a bubble and ignore advertisements. I had direct deposit for years. It never got me my money any sooner. Just saved me a trip to the bank.

To me if you need money that bad then you should look for a side job or a second job. Two days early isn't going to help.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote