The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #1
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Lightbulb finally my chalky 71 build in progress 56kbeware

well, I've had the truck for just over a decade, bought it both because I could do the maint and repairs myself, and always loved that body style.
After drawing and drawing, in 2004 I decided to put my touch to the truck. I had already ripped out the rusty wheelwells, and the majority of the rust(still need to do doors and rockers/corners)I relocated the tank under the bed, and made a hidden filler behind the drivers taillight.

the basic engine stuff, HEI,high flow WP,new 4 row rad, elec fans, high power Alt,2barrel holley(instead of stock 2) headers with glasspacks, etc. Turbo 350 tranny swap too.

Then late 2005 I started to change the whole look of it.

And this last weekend, i actually got back to my project, and mounted the front end.

Then i prepped and painted it.

I haven't done all my rust repair, and have some things I want to do to the bedsides, so I'm just wanted a temp paint. But seeing how it looks, this coming weekend, I am going to paint the rest of it the same.

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72

Last edited by Mordachai; 10-18-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: edited for pictures add 2nd post
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote