The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Well today I got tilted! If you want to add a van tilt column to your truck than read this thread first http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=147927 because that is what I did last night before starting mine today. I also read this one http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=191143 and followed it for shortening the column at the same time. It is so nice haveing a few inches more (yea go ahead and say it!) with a stock bench seat. After reading these two threads you will be able to follow my build today.

The main thing I did different with mine was I keeped the truck P/N safty switch so I did not have to re-wire anything plus I think it is much easier and cleaner then trying to cut a small slot down inside a tube with out the right tools. So what I did was bent a small piece of sheet metal (after trying to cut a slot with out the right tools) that will act like the stock truck column to operate the P/N safty switch. I also only moved my P/N switch about 4" since I pushed the column forward a few inches. But other than those mod's I followed the above threads and it all worked out great.

I included a few pics so you can see the differents in length of a van tilt (black) and a stock truck column (tan). Also you will see the different mounting slots and the different P/N switches.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rokcrln; 01-28-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote