The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #10
skchevota

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
No I am using the stock set up and since the axel is now on top of teh spring my plates will be on top and teh round bolts are squared off for spring fitment.

On a side note do you have any picks of your tank installed? Pics of mounts, filler neck and rear crossmember mods needed. This will help with the many ideas I have in my head right now.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Yea, that is what I was wandering, wont the u bolt plate on top cause clearance issues with the frame? and the bed floor? most of the flip kits I have installed have come with rounded ubolts to fit over the axle and then a flat U bolt plate for the bottom of the spring. But if it fits cool, thats the low buck part!! As for pics of my fuel tankI I dont have any, My truck is in Pieces righr now , I can say I removed the rear X member and the spair tire bar, and used my hitch as a new rear X member. The tank fit well and I never had any trouble. I welded two pieces of 1" tubing across the top of the frame from sid to side so the tank had some thing to sit agenced and then made straps out of 2" x 1/8 steel flat stock and bolted it front to back. One side was attached to the hitch and the other to the X member that sits be hind the Axle that is at a slight angle. I hope this helps. My new set up will be a bit different but I havent finished it yet.
Shawn
skchevota is offline   Reply With Quote