The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #11
C10-Driver
Chevy Truck Addict

Re: getting truck off stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops_by_Chase View Post
you would need to run a seamless stainless line. this prevents corrosion and can withstand high psi... this does reduce the risk of melting or haveing a blow out, but in my experience when you hardline a system it is much harder to have a leak-free system. also if you do punture or smash or destroy a hardline in any way while you are out on the road it is hard to "patch" it to get moving again. with nylon line, you can cut and splice pretty quickly to get going again. ups and downs to both
I thought about running hard-line but opted to go with the "easy" route. The push-lock airline fittings are a breeze to install and the insulated loom was a nice, clean option to add a little more durability to the system. I'm thinking that I am also going to carry around some spare parts with me... a few feet of airline and some straight-through puch-lock fittings so I could perform a "roadside" repair if needed.

I hope I don't come across as knowing a lot about this stuff because, quite frankly, I am learning as I go along. These are just some of the ideas I have come up with after thinking about it for hours, days, even weeks sometimes. Everyone's comments are greatly appreciated.
1970 Pontiac Lemans