The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
Chevy409
Giddy up giddy up...

Thumbs down This board sucks more with each day

... now that I've got your attention.
For those who don't know, I'm a genuine truck lover and have the scars and a stout '72 to prove my dedication. Not even out of highschool yet, I still manage some time to turn a few wrenches each night and, when I can, I try to sneak a peak at what used to be a great message board... this one. It's tough to remember all the countless times I've recieved some really helpful advice or learned something I didn't know before, but that doesn't seem to be the going trend these days.
Back to my assumption: am I surprised that none of you knew the above about me? NO WAY! That was the intent, to simply exchange truck information and ideas in this place, not to spill my life story or have nothing better to do than pick and whine like a bunch of hard-asses looking for a fight. I'm sick of coming onto this board and seeing "sorry" messages or hate replys on a regular basis. Either grow up or shut up, it's that easy. Even now I predict a lengthy amount of flack for bringing this topic up but that's not at all what I'm looking for. I'd be twice as satisfied if you began reading this flap of the gums and then quickly as possible, hit your "Back" button, noticing it's not about a large metal thing with 4 wheels and a birthday between 1967 and 72. THAT's how it should be!
And not to be a hypocrite, I'm promising that this will be my first and last non-truck-related topic I ever post on here... anyone else care to do the same or am I wrong about the recent history of lady-like ways?

ps: If your expecting a sorry after this one, you can look somewheres else cuz it aint coming from me. Here's an idea though: Instead of now taking the next three days to tell everyone how much you hate my stinkin' gutts, let me know how your truck's going and maybe, just maybe, we can help each other with our projects. Never would've thought o' that, would you?

------------------
72 with 69 grille and custom 73-87 stepside. BIG BLOCK 409, SM465, NP205, 3/4 axles slung under a 5" lift, 112" frame, and 33's soon to grow... "BUILT NOT BOUGHT" ...oh, and industrial paint protecting her body.
72 with 69 grille and custom 73-87 stepside. BIG BLOCK 409, SM465, NP205, 3/4 axles slung under a 5" lift, 3"bodylift, 112" frame, and 35inch Pro Comp X-terrains... "BUILT NOT BOUGHT" Here's the site...
Chevy409 is offline   Reply With Quote