The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 AM   #1
Mesabooger

Two things crammed into one thread

1st thing:

I hardly come by here, but once in awhile just come to see how you are all are progressing.

I am heart broken. I have a 66 Fleetside that I have been slowly doing whatever I can. It has a modest Straight 6 250, which I love. I don't like to go fast, just cruise around and let everyone hear me chuggin along. Anyway, I had gotten a new valve cover for it and yep I broke two bolts off. Well, time to retap. I had done this several times as I used to be an aircraft mechanic.

My worst nightmare, I am drilling the new hole thinking the hole is too shallow and all of a sudden, some antifreeze seeps out of where I am drilling. I was pretty pissed at myself. I talked to a mechanic and he said I could just finish retapping it and put silicon or loctite to seal it. He said this should be of course temporal until I can get a new head.

Like most of you, I really do not have the cash to get a new head, and have it machined up. I had to buy a beater just to get me by as I need a car.

Thanks for listening, just venting to some fellas who would understand.

Here is a pic of my truck:

2nd thing

I was working in San Jose (I live in CO) during August. One day I left the office and went out for lunch and a walk. I saw a kick ass C10 and took a pic of it with my phone. The guys in it kinda looked at me funny but I didn't care.

Low and behold it was one of you. I don't have the pic anymore, but it was Chief rolling without his hood

Chief, it was on Market I believe, right by the Chicken Coop.
Mesabooger is offline   Reply With Quote