The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
andrewt2

My Stepside build...5 months to build a driver. can it be done?

Howdy all, ive been watching everyone elses builds for a while and soaking up knowledge and now it's time to get going on mine. i just recently picked up a 69 stepside chevy truck on (12-22-07) from a board member down in the Tulsa Oklahoma area. paid 500 for the truck and about 150 in fuel to go get it so 650 dollars later i have my project. it's a VERY straight truck compared to most ive seen saved on this sight. will not need cab corners. does need rockers on both sides though, the outer sheet metal is all very solid needing only minor attention before paint. the paint on the vehicle isnt all to bad either just showing signs of age. My plan is to build a safe reliable truck i can drive anywhere, im looking to do so on a small budget and im hoping to have it done by the 3rd weekend in may to attend the 2008 Midwest Members meet in Indian Creek State Park in Nebraska, Im pretty sure i wont touch paint and body by then just buff out the current paint job. i picked up a Good SBC motor today for 75 dollars and i have a turbo 350 coming to me. And i already have a set of late model Silverado seats, but enough is enough time for pics..... can i build a driver out of this?!
Attached Images

andrewt2 is offline   Reply With Quote