The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #24
Rokcrln

Re: Project Big Brother!

Well lets not get to far ahead of our selfs as rear axel placment is along ways off. Once the cab if done I will take a set of step side fenders and section them so they just cover the rear tires, then I will clamp them to a long bed and start moving them forward and back to see how it looks. Once I find a good starting point for what I am looking for then I wil start shortening the bed until it looks right to me and my wife. Not that I do not like all the help from the board members but I am building it and she is not giving mne slack for doing it. Also I have found over the years her eye is dead on when it comes to the right perportions on vehicals. Their have been several builds were I sketch it out only to have her cut it up and change things on it. The worst part is she has always been right so far.

I have a way that I will be sectioning the bed that will only leave one weld seam per side no matter what I do to it so adjustment will be easy. All this is still a ways off as my curent project Trazer needs my full attention until it is done then I can start working on the crew cab between other projects.

I also like the suicide idea problem is one of the big reasons for this build right now is to get things ready for two other customer builds that are going this way. So I really need to do this one with 4 regular doors for mock up and templetes for the other builds. Trust me doing the suicide route without a B pillar would be alot easier to pull off and I still will keep it as an option if I can get the 2 customers to go that way as well

Keep in mind with the axel placement that it will have alot to do with the step side fenders and how close they can get to the bed corners. I will not shorten the fenders and do not want them right up to the corners of the fleet side bed, I think that would look funny. I hope to have enought time in the next month to get most of trazer finished up but if it takes more than so be it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 02-24-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote