The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
tbags

Project "In Memory"

Alright some backround info first. I run an auto repair facility in michigan and one of our customers had a 1967 c-10 that i always wanted to get my hands on one day. He would come in every couple of months for some small repair and everytime i wished he would just sell me the damn thing allready. Finally his sone was driving the truck while at school and he hot something on the RF and the dad did not want to fix it and wanted to get rid of it. I picked up the truck for a great price and got started right away. The reason i allways wanted to buy this truck was when i got into the automotive industry as a younger kid I allways promised my dad that i would build him a 67 c-10 when I had some free time and extra money (It was his dream) well 2 years ago my dad passed away and i never had a chance to build him his truck. Well here is my chance! The truck was in decent condition when i got it (besides the RF fender) but i decided i wanted to do it right and do a complete frame off with all the goodies. I have never built a classic from the ground up and i knew it would be a challange. I am 2 months into the build and i wanted to share my progress. I plan on having the truck done by june first which wil make it a total of 4 months to do a frame off (as you can see i have my work cut out for me) I am doing everything my self on this one. I have never done any body work or paint before so that will be the largest challange but a freind of mine owns a body shop and he is going to tech me the ins and outs.
Plans for the truck:
Relocated fuel tank
front disc brakes
power steering
power brakes
shaved rails
shaved cab seam
2 tone paint (custom silver metallic upper, jet black lower)
20 inch Black 6 spoke wheels with polished lips
possible air bags
400ci built small block (approx 550 hp)
t350 trans w/ shift kit
stall convertor
complete interior (modern with buckets and custom center console)
2 10 inch subwoofers premium sound
new custom gauges
shaved dash
and whatever comes up along the way
ok enough of me rambling time for pictures

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=287690
tbags is offline   Reply With Quote