The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
jthornton

Crazy 72 C10

Im 18 years old and I have a 1972 chevy c10 that i bought for 300 dollars but mostly 600 dollars because i pitched in 300 and my brother pitched in 300 and he got the 383 motor and i got the truck... It has come along way since i first got it i think summer of last year. The truck came with everything basically. New fenders and extra doors. It was an 8 foot but we cut the frame down to a 6ft. Got an itch to put suicide doors on it and shave the door handles. The doors work pretty good and the door poppers had turned into my senior project for school. Since i got the truck it went from a bare cab and frame with a horrible 8ft bed to a running, moving and stopping 6ft fleet side. i had an 80s style stepside bed which didnt look to bad but then i found a 6 ft fleet side on ebay and bought it for 355 dollars. I always had wanted a big block for my truck so i got lucky enough that my uncle sold me his for 500 dollars but it didnt matter to him cuz the next day he got another one for 400 dollars. I have 2 1/4 pipes with cherry bombs which are pretty pointless because i put a noisy gear drive in the 454 and you can barely hear the exhaust at an idle over the wining of the gear drive LOL. I am currently still working on the bed to get it blocked down and ready for primer and paint.
All thats left is to paint it, wire it, get it inspected then to drive it! i cant wait...i have pictures i just need to post them
jthornton is offline   Reply With Quote