The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
71'tahoe

How bout another beat to death thread?

I know there are countless books and mags and threads on the net about v-8 s series trucks. But here is what I want to know.

For the 2wd guys

1) What style headers are you running? and be serious about whether you like them and are happy with them.

2) what exhaust manifolds acutally work?

3) What did you do for a y pipe?

For the 4wd guys

1) same as number 1 above?

2) same as above number 2

3) Howd you do your exhaust as far as routing it around the front d shaft?

The reason for these questions. Im v-8ing my 91 sonoma that is 2wd. I want more power,but I dont want to go through 6 manufactures headers to find the right ones. I dont mind exhaust manifolds.But I prefer headers as this is a mild custom that is driven alot. I have taken it to shows,so I would like the clean look of headers. It is the flamed truck in my avatar. I just dont want leaky headers.
I have used headmans shorties and had to cut the floor for clearance for the exhaust. So unless they have improved in the last ten years they are not an option.

Part 2 of these questions, Im thinking about installing a vortec 350 in a 97' olds bravada w/ all wheel drive that has a bad 4.3 vortec in it. This one is also a daily driver and I want it to be dead nutz reliable,I dont want to change the leaky exhaust gaskets.

I am a member of several s-10 forums but I feel better asking on here instead. Thanks for any help ya'll can give.

Last edited by 71'tahoe; 07-05-2009 at 06:53 PM.
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote