The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
'72customdeluxe

Stock Y-pipe

Anyone have pics of a stock exhaust set up/y-pipe on a truck? Preferably small block 2wd, but please post any. I'm trying to get an idea of where the Y-pipe ends and how crappy the merge looks. I've been on a torque trip lately, trying to get the most bottom out of this old 350 as it won't breathe up top anyway. Manifolds and a small exhaust should help this. Walker still makes a factory replacement 2" into 2.5" y-pipe which is why i started thinking abou this. My current 2.25" downpipes off of themanifoldsare crushed to about an inch at two or three points, so 2" mandrel bent initial pipes are a performance upgrade for sure. The only other modifications are a nice cotton gauze velocity stack air cleaner (sounds and looks cool ) which is alot better than the stock baby snorkel, one step higher main jet, and a nice hei with some good performance components. I'm getting a mech advance curve kit soon as the advance curve is way lazy. After the factory Y I would run a single performance muffler of some sort then out the left under the step. I'm thinking the factory manifolds and y-pipe would get the tune spot on because that's what the factory tuned the carb for, am I making logical statements?