The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
jlaird

Re: Project: Bad Bagged '68.5

I got my under dash pedal assembly in and almost finished. Thought I would post the progression.

Ok, here is the area I had to work with. I had a nice flat firewall to work with which made things easy.

Since the firewall is just a piece of sheetmetal, I had to make some reinforcement for the petal assembly to mount to. Some 1x1 square tubing and scrape .25 plate.

Here it is welded in. I made some tabs on the top to plug weld to under the cowl area. It is also plug welded to the firewall in addition to the ends of the brace. This thing is SOLID.

Here is the pedal assembly, booster and MC bolted in. I didn't want to weld this in so I could remove it for whatever reason. I also welded a mounting tab to the assembly which bolts to the bolt hole from the stock pedal assembly. And yes, I can't use the factory wiper motor so I will have to use a hot rod style wiper setup.

Last edited by jlaird; 03-27-2010 at 10:50 PM.
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote