The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
SOWARDCUSTOMS

1950 GMC build yes another one!!!!!

Well this is my first post I think. I have been surfing thru the forum for a while there is some great info here and looks like some great people. so here's my story. my grandfather bought this truck in the late 50's from what I gather he bought it just to tinker with and every now and then take trash to the dump. in the late 60's had the engine replaced with a 235 chevrolet engine anyway fast forward to the mid 80's it was given to my aunt so she could have it restored needless to say years go by as it sits in a field rusting away out of view I inquire about it in the mid 90's wondering whats happened and offered to take it and get it back on the road. as I suspected my aunt was still going to have it restored. so years go by and everytime I see my grandfather I ask him what happened with the truck he says he's not sure and that my aunt is going to restore it. well guess one day it finally hit my grandfather and grandmother that the truck was never going to get restored. not that my aunt did'nt want to she just could'nt get it in motion so she finally broke down and let me come pick it up late last year. and here we go my grandfather want to drive it again before he can't anymore so I have alot of work to do.

Last edited by SOWARDCUSTOMS; 04-19-2010 at 12:55 AM.
SOWARDCUSTOMS is offline   Reply With Quote