The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
blazin

steering problems still.. HELP HELP!!!!

so i have a 72 blazer thats ive dumped alot of money into and the steering is a pain in the butt. new everything.. someone on here said maybe its your tires.. so i changed them.. rebuilt steering box, ball joints, tierod ends everythings new. it has a 6 inch lift. i took the front shims out to see if that would help. NOPE.. still drive strange. i havent redone the brakes yet and it pulls right when i put the brakes on.. could this have something to do with it? when i hammer on the gas pedal.. it takes off straight.. once i let go of it, it seems to wonder or jerk .. whatever it does. when i turn the steering wheel all the way left (when in my driveway), the front end drivers side lifts up.. the whole corner of the blazer. when i turn right, the front end doesnt rise. could this have something to do with it? PLEASE HELP. im desperate here.. its been aligned. it has a steering stabilizer (skyjacker) i looked for cracks in the frame, cant find any.

Last edited by msgross; 05-12-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: removed the F bomb from title
blazin is offline   Reply With Quote