The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
RLTW375

FNG 72 K5 CST Project

First post here, the names Ryan and I am by far no mechanic and have zero fabrication skills, just here to learn as I go, Slowly.

Back story on the Blazer...

This 1972 Blazer was my Grandfather's that he bought brand new. The original paperwork is still in the glove box! Then my Dad took it over and it sat in his driveway covered and sometime in a garage for 10-15 years. My dad was never and mechanical guy and never tried to get it going again. One day it blew power steering fluid everywhere because a line was cut and got all over the belts and wouldn't start. He was late for work, so got a ride then it end up covered in our driveway for a couple years. Then moved to a garage until I told him finally I'm taking it and getting it running.

As far as he knows it's the original 350 rebuilt with low miles. But not sure on the exact mileage. The gas tank has been pulled by me years ago when it had a crack and I was a dumb kid and didn't know what I was doing, I did have the piece of mind to drain it and wash it out.

I drained the oil and replaced it. It was black but nothing bad coming out if there.

So it begins as they say. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some advice and help along the way from you fellers. Anyway sorry the for the long post, but here she is with the top pulled on jack stands and some other work so far:

Got headers in there now...

New cap rotor wires Therm housing and thermostat...

Got this dude for $50

Added a +2 QT tranny pan a while back

I also replaced the whole Ignition switch and lock.

That is a couple months worth of stuff right there. So yeah, it will be slow going, but it's goin!!

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

Last edited by RLTW375; 11-15-2010 at 05:17 AM.
RLTW375 is offline   Reply With Quote