The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
harnalien
TruckincrazY

I'm starting to get frustrated

I know the answers are here, but my brain is mush at this point regarding my swap. I am trying to nail down the fuel situation. I thought I had it figured out and decided on getting an '87 fuel tank with an internal pump and new sender. Then I panicked after I ordered the fuel tank because I started to think about my fuel gauge. I am keeping the stock dash from my '84 and will be running a 6.0 w/ a 700r4. Will the fuel gauge/sending unit from an '87 work together for the mechanical dash? I am seriously considering ditching the new tank idea and just going with an external walbro pump. From my understanding, I can use my stock fuel tank/sending unit, then use the walbro after with a filter/regulator depending on the fuel rail set up. This will be a cheaper option because I won't have to pay my shop to drop the tank and all that stuff. I will just have to make sure I keep a decent amount of fuel in the tank to avoid starvation issues. I have cancelled my fuel tank order until I figure this stuff out. I want this swap to go as smooth as possible and little stuff like this is what kept me from previously attempting the swap. Can someone help me get my mind right and back on track?