The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2003, 05:54 PM   #1
CEDJUNIOR

Thumbs up Herculiner Bed Liner

Well this is kind of a mixed review. I actually put the Herculiner on my truck about a year and a half ago. I bought it at PepBoys for like $150 for everything. This includes an extra quart of the liner, the cleaner and solvent to prepare the bed and all that. So yeah, I put it on, and it looked great, it gave the bed of my truck a dipped in rubber type look. Well since then the finish has faded to a very dull flat black, and when it gets wet you can see the water turn a tint of black and run. It still looks better than a scratched up or rusted bed, and the finish doesn't matter if all I'm haulin in the back is a pallet of sod or some dirt, but If someone wanted me to help them move any furniture that was put in the back of my truck it would get black smudges all over it. Not good.

I went to their website and saw that the offer some UV refinish and protectant stuff for $20 a bottle. I was going to buy the stuff, but I figured I'd e-mail them and ask if they had a solution to my problem. They e-mailed me back the next day asking to for my address to send me a bottle of that UV Protectant for free! They said that was the solution to my problem. Not bad. I've received the stuff but haven't applied it yet, but its black and about the consistency of motor oil, so it looks like it will do the trick. Pretty good customer service. So if any of you guys are looking to use Herculiner, spend the extra $20 on the UV protectant too.

I just installed one of those KN FIPK's on my truck, and am doing some tests on gas mileage and all that so I'll let everyone know how that turned out as well.

'95 K1500 4x4 Ext Cab
5.7 TBI
NV4500 Tranny, 14 Bolt swapped in, locker, 3.73's
CEDJUNIOR is offline   Reply With Quote