The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
bakerboys

k20 6"lift 37"tires need some help

I am looking at buying a k20 1985 has a stock 84 c10 350 no diesel i do mean bone stock has 400 trans 6" lift and 37 inch tires nice truck but when you put in gear it goes in gear real hard I have never drove or been in truck this big i had a 79 bronco with lift and 33" tires with 400M engine it had alot of power but this k20 truck seems kind of weak and takes a little longer than i think it should to shift but does shift will this set up kill power it just feels weak to me and should it go into gear real hard from say park to reverse or to drive I know engine is stock 350 I dont know gears in truck axles but it used to be a military truck one more thing there was alot of play in steering wheel is that normal for lifted trucks this big if not could you guys give me some info I really love this truck But want to make sure I will be able to drive it on road not just mud
bakerboys is offline   Reply With Quote