The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #11
Maximus

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
500 dollars for a belaire man how time has changed. I know you are telling the truth because my brother bought a clean 55 Nomad in the mid 70's for 800 bucks. He thought it didn't run so he told the guy he would be back with a tow truck and the guy said "but all it needs is a battery".lol It had a 327 with a manual 4 speed. I loved that car, he promised to give it to me when I was 16 yeah right.lol Somebody came a long with a Rivera he wanted so they traded. Thats okay he did give me a 66 GTO and a couple of other cars through the years.
Nice! funny to think about the value comparison between a Rivera and a Nomad nowadays...
In all honesty though, the only appeal to a Nomad to me is the value, and collectible standpoint, I think the 2-door hardtops and posts look way nicer... that being said I would be lying if I said I never sat down and tried to figure out how I could afford a Nomad, I also would love a Safari.

Any more pics of your 55'?
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote