The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #11
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray-Bomb View Post
Really nice work, this will be a very sweet truck when finished
Thanks Spray-Bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
A kid in the auto hobby shop drove his car through the wall because he thought it was in park when it was really in low but just a little low on fluid. It was running but not moving so he got out and was messing with the timing, reved it up and it took off.

After seeing that I always pull the driveshaft before starting an engine in an incomplete vehicle. Better safe than sorry.
Crazy story. Never can be too safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Hey Mike, that thing sounds so sweet,,,, I wished you lived closer,,,,your serious mad skills would come in handy!!! You got to be chop'in at the bit to drive her.
Thanks Wade! I have seen your build man you have some serious talent too.
And yes, I can't wait to be cruising this thing. I just don't have the time I used to when we didn't have kids. Hope to get some good weather soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketKing View Post
Man, I know what you mean, I left my driveline out as just such a precaution.
I probably should have put some jackstands under there but it was jacked up and I did quickly find out where park was before it ever started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaylord View Post
Sounds awesome Mike! One day I would love to do a LS motor in one of my trucks. However at this point I am so backlogged in projected I don't have enough life left to finish them all...

Steve
Thanks Steve! Man, I hope my cab turns out as nice as your did. That is my next project. I have three or four projects behind this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcchevy View Post
Steal away! Most of my ideas are stolen anyway.The exhaust came from Gringoloco and a few others. Besides everything you take, you IMPROVE and almost make me embarrased to post pics of my heap
Thanks Ben! don't sell yourself short. You have tons of great ideas and talent. And you get to drive yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie468 View Post
Wow, your build is looking great, Mike ! The LS sounds sweet and those center caps are a work of art ! Keep it up , I'll be watching this one !
Thanks Chris! I appreciate all the encouragement.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote