The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

New Year’s Eve snow run

A few of us took a trip up to the mountains today to play in the snow and do a shakedown run on some freashly installed equipment on our trucks. This will be the first snow run for the Ram Charger with front and rear ARB air lockers, mine has a fresh rear gear set (replaced the noisy Genuine Gear set with a Yukon Gear set) plus the added weight of the new Phoenix camper and one buddy wanted to break in his new 500 mile old 2012 Dozer yellow Jeep Rubicon (DI 3.6L w/6 speed manual...saw wheat rig!) the right way. Also a perfect time to try out the GoPro Hero2 camera I got for Christmas.

The snow wasn’t all that deep but the main road is lower than the terrain around it so all of the snow had displaced a couple feet of snow in the trail. One item you cannot easily spot in these pictures and videos are the steep grades we are pulling. It was also an extremely windy day here in Colorado. So much so, some highways in the lower elevations were closed. In fact, the exact highway I took to get to this area got closed while I was gone and reopened by the time I got home.

I didn’t get many pictures as I was busy playing with the GoPro camera.

My buddy snapped this one somewhere along the way. You can slightly see the GoPro stuck to the door.

Lunch in the wind! The yellow 2012 Jeep only had 507 miles in it at this time. There is another Jeep Rubicon behind the Ram Charger.

GoPro Hero 2 camera mounted to the vent wing. In the first few video’s had I had mounted to the driver’s door, which gave better exhaust sound but not much trail view. Moving it to the vent wing gives a better view but less sound but I can more easily toggle it on and off and keep my eye on it.

View on the way back down

First GoPro video. GoPro Take 1.....Not that great but still kind of neat. The GoPro has a sealed cover so the sounds is muffled. Sounds much better if you hook up your iPod ear phones to your computer then you can almost smell the exhaust fumes
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote