The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
ImAnIdiot

'72 K10 4WD Build

So I am starting this thread to get some advice as I use these forums all the time to get info about my build. And I know less about rebuilding a truck than anybody in the world.

I bought this truck about a year ago and have done several things to it. The first picture is what it looked like when I bought it. It is a '72 K10 4WD. It had a rebuildt 305 from an 83 Monte Carlo when I bought it. Its no 350 but it runs strong, though it is geared way to low. The body was in shambles, as you can see, and I have spent the better part of 8 months doing body work by trial and error, mostly error. I will post some pictures of what it looks like now soon, and I just ordered two reproduction doors and a tailgate, and will likely need information on how to replace doors. I also completely redid the interior, including new gas tank, carpet, seats from an 88 Suburban, dashboard, head lining... all of it.

As the motor is strong and the interior is immaculate, my focus is on body work and then some suspension work. It needs bushings and body mounts and anything plastic or rubber... thats all shot.

There is some rust on the body (not much) and some rust on the frame. I dont have the time, money, tools, or knowhow to do a body off on this thing, so I will need some ideas on how to fix some of the frame rust without a huge rebuild. I am not looking for a show truck here, just a clean, safe, dependable driver.

I will be mosting many more pics about my progress so far very soon, and would appreciate any comments, suggestions, and even artistic ideas for this project. I am new to this and as I said, I dont know what the hell I am doing, so anything will help.

Jake
Attached Images

ImAnIdiot is offline   Reply With Quote