The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
The-1ton

Project: Retirement

Well where do I start... Myself and a close friend of mine whom are both 21, have acquired a 67 GMC dually flatbed from another close friend's uncle. This isn't any 67 though, it was purchased by this uncle's brother in 67 and was then used as a work truck during the establishment of an excavating company in '71 which is still in business today. Years later, the owner gave the truck to another one of his brothers who used it for casual work, but work nonetheless. Then in 1990, two lads were born, not knowing they would own this truck 21 years later... but by this point the truck had been given to the most recent owner, who used it as an orchard truck for a 9 acre 75 year old family apple orchard among others up until 2006 when the family orchard was torn down for his new 9 acre garden/cafe and yes this truck was there working too. Up until November it has been used as a plant/tree transporter and garden truck for the garden/cafe business and has been since retired from duty. Over the years my friend and I grew up with the owners nephew and always watched this truck put along down the street hauling all types of things. The truck was famous for not being able to go faster than 60km/h, it has been painted 4 times, first it was 505 woodland green, then was yellow then was red then was the current color is it now, it has been the current color as long as I've known it. It has had 4 engines, not sure on tranny count. We have both known the owner and whole family most of our lives, so when we found out that he had finally retired it after 40 years we absolutely had to have it. So just last week, my friend gave this guy a call and asked what he wanted to do with it, he said its off to the wreckers but that was interrupted by a quick "ok give it to us we want it" and just like that we acquired this truck at the cost of $1.00 or .50 cents each haha. Our plan is to make the truck as stock as possible, but with some special touches, so I imagine I will be here asking many questions about the truck for help. My guess is it came stock with a 350 4spd, and yes it still runs. we checked the VIN and I tried decoding it but the VIN doesn't even make sense... anyways I got some pictures for you guys so enjoy, and over time there will be plenty more pictures to come. absolutely cannot wait to get started on this project. We like to think of this build as a retirement present for the truck. The best part about this all is that there is no deadline.

dont even know what engine this is

interior has seen better days

i've seen some wear spots on these trucks before, but this takes the cake by far for me
The-1ton is offline   Reply With Quote