The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #32
383Ram

Re: Crossbred, 454 into an '85 Ram

Serp setup is done. This went pretty well I have to say but certianly was alot of work. Thank god I had a laser belt alignment tool from work to use.

Big step today, getting the trans mocked up and seeing if all my measurments paid off. All looks well so far. Again, I am using the Mopar 833 overdrive trans here hooked up to a Blowproof bellhousing. The adapter once again is 3/4 plate, the details are somewhere else in this post. Only mod I had to make was to take .700" off the input shaft which is no big deal and was done quite often on the mopar side to put a manual behind an automatic crankshaft.

I have a Mopar pilot bearing that will be installed in the register of the crank where the converter hub normally rides. I had my machinest turn the O.D. of the bearing sleeve/holder down to fit the chevy crank. But for now, looks as if everything lines up and the splines are in the right spot for the clutch disk which i'll try next.

Everything looks good here too, just need to figure out what ball stud length I need to use here.

454/4 speed, '85 Dodge Ram hybrid build in progress

454, PP heads, Dual 500 CFM cabs, 'Vette manifolds. First time out---spinning for half track

Slooowww build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=348050

Engine build thread at: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326289
383Ram is offline   Reply With Quote