The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
RexDodge

Re: my "71 C10 project

Had some issues at the beginning of my weekend with my welder. It stopped feeding wire. It sounded normal and the feed motor tried to engage when I pulled the trigger but did not feed wire. Checked everything and cleaned out what looked like a mouse nest. Problem solved and it seems to run better...weird. Moral of the story is clean your welder out periodically.
Well, I did get to doing a mock up of my gas tank install. I "massaged" my frame to make it fit. I ended up fitting the mid seam up against the bottom of the frame rails. That leaves me still with needing 2" of clearance above the frame rail. I will be able to trim that away from the bed sill (and box it back in) to get that. I plan to run my (1/8") straps under the tank and secure that with threaded "hooks" on each end. To avoid issues at the gas station I decided to install a fill door near the side marker light. Here in Oregon we cannot pump our own gas and I don't want someone abusing a tail light fill door. Much simpler to fab up too. I did get to installing some '70 El Camino coils I picked up and also made up some 2" drop blocks too. Had all that (except the coils) around the garage so the price was right. I left the passenger side long to install a bracket for my adjustable panhard bar (pics coming). I still have some work to do on the back end but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I even found time to take the wife out to dinner Saturday night. I included a picture of a real beer ( Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen) for all you fellas east of the Rockies. When ever I travel that way all I can find is Bluemoon or Bud. Poor deprived people. Anyway, I should get my fabing done this week, get it all cleaned up and ready for paint. Onward!
Attached Images

RexDodge is offline   Reply With Quote