The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
classicundercar

Tall and Skinnys

OK guys I need some guidance here.

Right now I have some 15x8 rallies on my truck wrapped with 33x9.5r15 tires. I love the way these tires look on the truck. The tires are old though and while they have plenty of tread the sidewalls are starting to check and one has some weird sidewall bulge that does not make me very comfortable, so I think a new set of tires is in my future.

problem is the BFG ATs in 33x9.5r15 seem to be on infinite backorder, at least as far as I can tell.

So:
what are you guys running for tall skinnies on a 15" rim? I don't want to go much wider than 10.5 and would rather stay with a 9.5.

I'm also thinking I could switch to a 16 inch rim for more tires options, right? something like a 285/75r16 would be similar correct? But if I do this what are my options for 16" rims with the 6 lug pattern? I'm not into chrome of blingy wheels... I'd honestly almost like to go with a 16" spoked wagon wheel (I know, but I think it would look awesome on the truck), what back spacing would I need if I went that route?

Thanks!

obligatory picture yet another driveway engine pull!

Past:
1972 c10 lwb
1969 c10 swb
1977 c10 lwb
more old jeeps than I want to remember!
classicundercar is offline   Reply With Quote