The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
My3Sons!

My 71 Jimmy

Well, I finally did it. I've been on the hunt for a while now, and really had my heart set on the Jimmy, love the quad headlight and my daily driver is a GMC Denali. I live in Redmond (Seattle area) and wanted to find one somewhat local, within the Pacific Northwest. I'd seen a few candidates come and go and started to rethink my strategy. I didn't want a project truck, but something that I could work on and get at least some sense of accomplishment on it. So, I finally landed on one in Idaho, but couldn't make it down to see it in person as I was going on a quick Nappa trip with my wife (without our 3 young boys), so as soon as I got back I called the guy, guess what.....SOLD! Well, as luck would have it, he tells me about another one he had read about in the paper......In the PAPER? Who advertises in the paper anymore? Nothing in Craiglsist even......anyway, called the owner and got some crappy cell phone pics, mechanically sound, but needed body work and paint. Not a ton though, all the rust had been removed and the truck was stripped and primered. As luck would have it the owner was moving to Hawaii so I was able to get a pretty screaming deal, and after 12 hour road trip (round trip) I had it back in my driveway! Since then, I've had some basic maintenance done, replaced ball joints, tie rods etc. bought about every conceivable replacement part for it, had the body straightened out and painted Audi red. Interior is from a 2011 Escalade, 2nd row buckets and 3rd row bench in perforated black leather, with a Tuffy box as a center console so I have somewhere to keep things secure. I still have a lot to do, still need to install rear bumper, heat shield and carpet kit, connect the new heater, replace the choke cable, it came with a dual wall top that needs some work, but for now it's strictly a sunny day ride! I have 3 boys (oldest just turned 7, and twins that are 5 1/2) so they are in heaven with this thing. They just light up whenever they get to ride in it. It gets quite the celebrity attention, I have people stop and take pictures when it's parked, and lots of gawking wherever I go. It's such a rare truck, I've really enjoyed driving it the last week or so since getting it out of the shop. Thanks to everyone on this forum that has helped with some of my projects thus far. Like, removing the instrument panel, I would have never figured out that headlight switch, although like a dummy I broke my choke cable thinking that the knob unscrewed, rather than simply removing it from the carb and pulling it through the firewall and the dash. Lesson learned.....Anyway, love to hear your feedback and look forward to being part of this community!
Attached Images

My3Sons! is offline   Reply With Quote