The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
gdavis

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_OK View Post
Decided to bring my engine lift back to the shop and test fit the cab before I finish up the body work on it.

I had a couple of problems. The transmission lines I hand built need to be modified at the transmission area. Also the front of the cab needed to be raised a little to get the front fender to line up correctly.

I installed the old rusty inner fenders and started looking at how I was going to mount the computer and wiring. I originally was going to mount the computer, fuse block, wiring, relays, and wiring terminals on the driver’s side inner fender, then I considered mounting it all under the dash, now I am back to mounting it all on the inner fender again.. Thoughts from you guys?

I also started looking at the AC lines. I am not completely happy with where I mounted the bulkhead connector, but I think I can make it look ok.. I just need to figure out how to route the lines.

I am considering buying new doors and inner fenders. I think GMCPaul sells a door that fits somewhat well out of the box. The only problem is shipping. I am planning on buy a cowl hood when I get the doors and maybe the inner fenders. LMC and others have free shipping on orders over $1000 dollars; my understanding is that GMCPaul does not. I guess I will give them a call and see what they can do..

Anyone have opinions on repo doors? How about the hood and the inner fenders, anything I should know about those?

I also want to wish my Dad a Happy Fathers Day…. Love you dad…
your cab looks like it is brand new. You did great work I hope that mine will liik that good. Happy building. gdavis
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote