The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
NW Task Force

Question Aftermarket electric fan options for 55-59 pickups

Hey folks,

I am looking for an aftermarket fan that will be my primary cooling fan for the radiator. I have purchased a new aluminum radiator that is stock dimensions and has similiar appearance to factory. I want to eliminate my mechanical fan and go full electric. I am thinking 16" fan with shroud. Here are my questions:

1. Do you absolutely need a fan shroud with electric fan to cool properly?(if so, who has the best deal on them?)

2. Does anyone recommend a good wiring harness/relay for the electric fan setup that is complete and easy to install?

I was originally looking at an aftermarket electric fan & aluminum shroud from Classic Parts (direct bolt-on for 55-59)........but the price is $200+shipping. I wanted to first see if I can achieve the same thing for much less $$.
Attached Images