The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
HiredGun

1972 "Barn Find" (15+ yrs sitting)

Hello everyone, my name is Joel. My grandfather recently gave me his old 72 track truck. The truck had been sitting in the back yard under a tent for over 15 years. It took me about 3 months to get everything in order before she was road ready.

-HISTORY-
Doing a little history on the truck, I know I'm at least the 3rd owner and that it's a CST. It was bought out of Baton Rouge from a kid who used it as his project/track truck. My grandfather had it almost 10 years as his Sunday driver/track truck as well. He had a 427 in it, but one day his throttle stuck and he bent some push rods. He swapped the 427 for a 350, but the fuel tank got water in it. He got frustrated with it and it's been sitting there waiting for me ever since.

How I found it:

Pulled out all the parts out of the cab and washed it:

Can anyone explain WHY you would put this "splatter paint" all over the interior?!

Got newish wheels and headlight, then she sat in our work bay for a few months while we got it running:

Pulled the 350

found a big block (366) and mated it to a turbo 400

Holly 4 barrel carb and a Eidelbrock intake and headers

Tank from a blazer (having problems around the sending unit leaking fuel around the gasket)

Found some rot, but not bad for sitting for 15 years!

Back on the ground and ready for the bed

More rust

Tried fixing the door panels

Got her running and street legal. MORE TO COME!!

This WAS my project car to learn on. I've out grown it and will probably sell it. Just can't justify dropping around 5k into it to make it fast with a turbo or swap
HiredGun is offline   Reply With Quote