The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
halfadeuce

very frustrated

Hello everyone, I've been issues with my 71 suburban. I know its a combination of a lot of little things but I need some advice. Can bad timing- Carb tuning cause the engine to kick back when I go to start it? I have a problem with the starter engaging the flexplate I've tried 3 different ones and they seem to work for a couple of days then they either grind or stick to the flexplate. It happens more when the truck doesn't fire up right away. The more I crank it the more likely the starter will grind. This morning it was really cold and the truck started then died. I was giving plenty of gas but it still died and I couldn't get it to fire up again. I know the Carb needs to be rebuilt because it leaks from a few spots but where would the best place to start be. This is my family car and right now its not very reliable. Any advice would be appreciated. I checked the block and it appears to be a 77-79 350. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
halfadeuce is offline   Reply With Quote