The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

I'm back!! "Project Goldie" 1970 Chevy K10

Hi guys and gals! It's been a few years since I've been active on the forum. Kids growing up, life happening, all that stuff!

But I FINALLY get to do some meaningful work to my old friend Goldie. Quick back story; my Dad bought this truck in 73 or 74 from the original owner. My Dad keep vehicles long enough to run about a dozen tanks of fuel through them, then he trades it off for something else only to repeat the cycle. Except for Goldie. Not really sure why or how he kept this truck all along, but thankfully he did. I learned how to drive in this truck when my age was in the single digits. Went deer hunting (successfully) with this truck for many years. Went on several dates in her too. Somehow she was lucky enough to stick around.

Even though I've had her in my possession for almost a decade, my Dad gave me the title to her a few years ago. She's been driven off and on since then, but has been stored in the garage, undriven, for the past 3 years. Since I just sold "Fred", Goldie will now get her chance to get back on the road.

This is what she looks like right now:

This is almost exactly what she looked like when Dad bought her:

And this is what I have in mind for her to look like when all is said and done:

We are planning on selling our house this spring, so I won't be getting too carried away for right now. Just doing some things to get her back on the road. There is a lot that has already been done in the not-so-distance past.... crate 350 with about 30k on it, refurbished the gauge cluster, new seat foam and cover, little things here and there. But there is just a little more to be done to make her more comfortable to drive. This morning I placed an order for:

- Carpet kit, light brown
- 3 point seat belt kit, tan
- Center seat belt, tan
- All door rubber, window felt, vent rebuild kit, rivets, etc
- Accelerator pedal and ball studs
- Rear view mirror
- Battery hold down clamp

All the primer you see is from some rust repair we had done in the late 80's. There are a few new spots that need attention and new metal, so I'll probably take care of that soon too. At some point down the road, I want to swap in either a 4.8L or 5.3L Vortec with a 700R4 and put in A/C at the same time.

Besides this one, I'll also be helping my son with his truck project, "Uncle John", a 69 C20 that was originally owned by my great-Uncle John. So we have a couple family trucks that we intend to keep in the family for many more decades to come!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote