The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Kicks for my Blazer

I always wanted to build my own kicks for my front components and even started on a set. I went with the typical tear drop design that you see both on this board and almost every where else in "how to" sites/videos on building a set of kicks. Once I got it wrapped in the felt and held it up to the door, I thought it just looked a little too out of place for my blazer since it's pretty stock on the inside. I turned to my friend who is an installer for a local audio shop and I couldn't be happier that I did.

Given the reasons I didn't like the kicks I started, he said simple would be better in this case while giving it more of stock appearance. He just took the shape of the kick panel and raised off the back to allow room for the speaker to be installed. The back template I gave him did not cover the vent hole, but I said don't worry about the handle to open and close as I can try to figure that out later...for now, I might just tape them closed in case the wind forces them open.
Attached Images