The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
lowdownstar
big guy

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

You and me work a lot a like lol i do the scrap metal at work as well. I take as much over time as they will give me and over the years my health went to **** from it, so now i do as much as my body will let me, i just lost 80lbs and been working out trying to save whats left. Anyway yes the truck has a 4 link in it, i am going to post a couple a pictures of where i am now so you can see what i am working on. I would love to cut the rear end down and i hope to some day, right now i just want to get it up and running and have it setup for the big tires, "tubbed" I was hopping or should i say trying to get away with it without having to go that far! but you are right take it one step at a time and keep moving forward. I am going to reuse these tires and wheels for this year, and get the bed ready for when i do have the money to cut the housing down. Thanks and no you did offend me, you just help me see the truth, i knew it, i just wanted to get away with doing it the wrong way 'cheap". And you are right i will be better off in the long run. so today i am going to weld up the sides and get rid of the latch openings and fix the tail gate. maybe start on the tubbes i have them just have to figure out how to make them work. Thanks and yes i love that red truck too....
Attached Images

lowdownstar is offline   Reply With Quote