The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
DJDAudio

Project: AREA|51 [OCD meets ADD]

As the Project title states this project shall be interesting, For I like to think of myself as OCD limited by ADD.. in other words, it has to be perfect... but not for long

A good friend of mine (98layinframe) on here will be working with me on this project, his attention to detail is second to none, on the other-hand, I like to think so far out of the box some times that they often never make it to reality. So while he will spend 3 weeks finding just the right way to lay down a piece of metal, I will walk up after the same 3 weeks and say.."Does it have to be metal?"

So with that aside, Let me give a small intro for those interested.
My Name is Doug and I have come from the 'MiniTruck' World .. ( we where all young and stupid once haha ) I worked on S10's and currently have one.. well hope to sell it off soon to fund this project.

While working on them I grew into the Pneumatic world of air suspension, I liked to find new ways to do things as listed above, and put my own take on it.

Here is my current S10,

And here is where it gets interesting, I designed and have Patent Pending on a compressed air recycling system.

Here is what it looks like,

Where it would normally take 2 min 20 Sec to fill my 5 gal tank from 165-200PSI , The new system does it in 3 seconds!
What does this mean? It means I have almost unlimited air and can 'play' with it constantly at shows.

I hope to employ this system into this project in an even more creative way this go round.

Speaking of if any of you ever have any pneumatic questions related to Valves , compressors and the like let me know always happy to help out, For I work for Air Zenith and have done work with almost every major compressor mfg in the market. I even built a compressor testing station in my lab.

I do not want to muddy up this thread too much, but my current list of 'reviews' and Air ride info can be found here,
http://www.djdlabs.com/FORUM/

And now.. Da Da Da dum.... On with the Project

--------------------------------------------------

IT started way back when I was young wanting one of the early AD trucks. I have always loved the look of the old iron.

Here is a drawing of mine back from 98..

And no my project will not look like that, Dare I give my age away I was 15 at the time and thought all of the old trucks looked like that

Well for some time now I have been trying to find one of these trucks for a good price, ( NOTE: this is very hard when you live in the Steel buckle of the rust belt.. Pittsburgh PA )

Allot of the old trucks I looked at had been sitting in a field for decades and when you open the doors the cap rolls over to meet you haha.

This past weekend a friend of mine ( 98layinframe ) Shot me a E-mail of a truck he found on craigslist.

It was a crude listing with only a few words and 2 pictures.

It was a 1951 3/4 Ton with no bed. 'runs'

Se we made the 1 hour drive out to the middle of PA farm country to take a look at it.

This is what we found when we arrived,

The owner had an old 54' bed that he tossed on the frame for us to take a look at.

So this is where the fun begins.....
DJDAudio is offline   Reply With Quote