The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
HeviChevy

Need help with my 2004 Silverado

Hi guys and gals! This is my first post here.

I joined the site because of my interest in 67 - 72 SCSB and CC Dually Squares, but the first project up is my very first truck.

I got a brand new 2004 Silverado SC SWB Sport Side for my 16th birthday. I am almost 25 now and want to customize it a little and start back driving it daily. It has a 4.3L V6 with an automatic transmission and 342 gears (I believe) and a tow haul package. First order of business is body and paint. I hit an oak with the passengers side front fender and crushed it and put a small dent in the door. I have purchased a new fender and will be installing it soon and then it goes to my paint man for body and paint. It currently has the Chevy Charcoal Gray paint with metallic flakes. I am thinking of going back with a couple shades lighter gray with metallic flakes.

Anyway my question is: What can I do to help my little V-6? Eventually it will have a 5.3 with a 5/6 speed manual in it, but for now I have to roll with the V6/auto combination.

Do I need to put a throttle body riser, programmer, intake, exhaust? I want to be able to drive it on my daily commute of 80 miles round trip, but still be able to play a little.

So my plans are:
  • Body Work and Paint
  • 2/3 Drop
  • Re-tint the windows
  • Get rid of the Chevrolet writing across the tailgate and go with a solid black bow tie
  • Billet Grille
  • Clear or Smoke lights with LED bulbs all the way around
  • Eventually: 5.3L engine with a 5 or 6 speed manual
  • Magnaflow or Borla Exhaust
  • Programmer?
  • Intake?
  • Possibly an HD Hood
  • 17 or 18 inch rims with 255 or 265 tires

Any advice is appreciated! I can't go crazy and lay frame or run a set of 24's with rubber bands cause this truck is going to be driven for a long time. I hope to be able to fix it as needed and never sell it. Nothing like your first truck!

Thanks a bunch gents!
HeviChevy
HeviChevy is offline   Reply With Quote