The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
84GMC15tepside

Project 66: Stickin' With The Stepside

The Truck:
A few years ago I picked up my 84 GMC Sierra Classic C15. It's the highest model you could get, but with manual windows and door locks and the inline 6... Weird how people ordered their vehicles back then. But it was also ordered with an uncommon 4 speed overdrive called the A833 MY6. In its high day the thing was a sweet looking truck but wasn't taken care of by the previous owner.

The Story:
In the 1990s, my dad bought this truck from the grandson of the original owner. My dad took mint care of it and it was one of his favorite trucks he owned... I can remember riding in the truck when I was around 5 years old but when we moved to a new house, my dad had to sell it. One of his school teachers bought it who in turn sold it to another teacher from the same school. This is who we bought the truck from. The guy would drive it to work every day, even in the winter with the roads around here loaded with salt. To add on top of that, he never washed or undercoated the truck so it was a complete rust bucket. Before sophomore year of high school, I asked my dad about it so he called his teacher that it was sold to. He in turn called the other teacher who just so happened to be selling it. We drove to it a town over and decided to take it.

When my dad owned it:
Attached Images