The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
alaska gasser

Re: 1948 Chev extended cab with attitude

Well it's been awhile as I haven't had time to work on the truck for about 4 months.

I don't like looking at the heater motor sticking through the firewall, so I looked around and found the old oil filter can was the perfect size to cover the hole.

I cut the botom off, flipped it over and welded it back on.

I wanted to do something different than smooth out the entire firewall. Lots of people leave this upper valley.

I smoothed it...

Bought a pair of beat up valve covers...

And shortened one up a bit...

About 1 1/2 yeras ago, I bought a Heidts M2 front end for a good price. It had free shipping anywhere in the lower '48, but $700+ to ship to Alaska. I had it sent to a buddies in Colorado that I was going to go visit last summer. Once there, I packed 125 pounds of small parts in 4 flat rate US Post Office boxes and shipped them home. I then packed the rest up and checked them in as luggage to fly home. You should have seen the Customs agents freak out with that much steel being checked in.

Removed the remains of the old suspension.

Finally dropped the motor in to build mounts.

These are the stock '59 mounts. I cut off the bottom edges and then built new boxes.

Once I pull the motor and trans out, I will finish welding everything up and clean it all up.

I used the stock '59 tranny mount and made new mounting flanges.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=592769 My daughter's '46 International PU
alaska gasser is offline   Reply With Quote