The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
bbcmudtruck

Shock placement

I recently removed the old bed off the truck and cut the c notches in. While I was doing that, I noticed that both of the shocks have been relocated to the front of the axle. Now a little history before we move on. The p/o cut a long wheel based truck down to a short bed. When he did that he relocated the leaf springs under the axle. He did a very good job on all the above. However when he relocated the shocks, he did not get the driver side shock straight and it is very close to the frame. He also didn't weld the bottom shock tabs in the same position, meaning the driver side shock is compressed more than the passenger side by at least an inch at static position. I already know I need to cut the lower shock tab off and relocate it, my question is should I have both rear shocks pointed towards the front of the truck? I'll go snap a picture of the current setup for reference. I'm trying to get the most traction as possible. I'm nearing the end of my 496 build and its very healthy 700/700 hp/tq + range for power.
bbcmudtruck is offline   Reply With Quote