The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
enonz65c30

C30 disk brake swap questions

Hey y'all,

New member here. I have been doing alot of reading here on the forum and lurking around. I'm collecting parts to start working on my 1965 chevy c30. I want to upgrade the breaks and steering with the newer 73-86 parts and I have located a possible donor vehicle.

The donor I located is a 1986 chevy g30 box van. I was wondering if the front crossmember in the g30 will work on my 65. From what I have found the upper and lower control arms are the same for the same vintage c30 trucks. The only problem I for see is that the owner of the g30 uses it for storage and wants to keep the motor and transmission.

Now the other question I have is can I pull the front crossmember with the motor and transmission in place? This truck is in a field and I am not allowed the use of a cutting torch. But the owner is willing to sell me the front and rear out of the g30 wheels and all. When I get home I will try and upload some pics of the c30. Thanks for any help or advice in advance
enonz65c30 is offline   Reply With Quote