The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: If you had the option, which of these grills would you use?
Original 66 painted grill 1 20.00%
64-66 C60 painted grill 2 40.00%
an original aluminum grill that needs to be restored 2 40.00%
the repo aluminum grill that is now available 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEDS 72 View Post
Brett, motor&trany looks killer, that's got to be nice to have them in place. Your truck is coming together very nice, not much longer. I can see you and Joanne getting in it and going to breakfast on a nice Sunday moring, anyway it really does look great and a super good build thread on it, I hope you guys had a good Christmas and a happy New Year! Tell the boys hello from us and I will get my build updated ASAP Reed.
Hey Reed, good to hear from you. Speaking of out for a Sunday drive, you should be doing it sooner than me. I need to see some progress pics. Your truck is too nice to keep hidden. I hope you're all getting through the Utah winter okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63sbssbbw View Post
Looking awesome Brett
Keep up the good work
T
Thanks for checking in, man: metal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Are you going to run a carb or fuel injection?

Bret
I'm going with a 650 Edelbrock, I'm trying to stay fairly old school since that's what I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Looking great. I'm also behind you, at the point of (hopefully) pulling the motor and trans from the frame today .
Good luck, they're pretty easy to get out. I've got some comments below on putting one back in, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I remember when I was at this stage.... Hang in there buddy.
In the end, it is ALL worth it !!
Thanks, man. I'm kind of at a spot now with the engine and trans in that I need to organize my priorities again. I'm thinking of so many things that can be done now that I have to get focused again.

Okay, so this is what's been going on. I haven't got too much time to work the last couple of weeks but I've done a couple of things.
I got the holes drilled in the frame for the trans mount and got it bolted down just fine. Now for the hair pulling and head banging part. Here's my experience with motor mounts so others my be spared my pain. I first ordered a couple of rubber mounts, old style with the single bolt through the old style perch and into the mount. One of them seemed fine but when I was testing the bolt to the thread before installing just to make sure it was okay, I found the threads were a little tight. I thought it might just be some paint of the threads so I proceeded to try and thread the bolt through. With barely any torque on my socket wrench, the threaded part of the mount broke away from the mount. Okay, I should have learned my lesson here, but not, I went to the local NAPA store and bought 2 of their mounts( at least I wasn't going to use the other so called good one of the other pair). The mounts appeared okay and I went ahead and installed the engine and trans, and got everything bolted down except a little snugging of the motor mount bolts. You may have guessed it, but yes, one of the new pair came apart in the same way and I was even more careful with tightening than I had before now that I was aware of a possible problem.
So as I sit right now, I have ordered a pair of tubular perches and the later style mounts from CPP. I shouldn't have been a cheap A$$ and did this to start. I had considered it.
While I'm waiting, I ordered and received my power steering adapter plate from Capt. Fab so I can get that hooked up. I need to pick up a new pitman arm first, though.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote